Roland graduated from a Bachelor of Arts (Photography) and a Bachelor of Education (Media) at Deakin University in 2009 and began working as a freelance photographer.
In 2012 he received a Master of Communication from RMIT, in which his thesis explored how formal aesthetics shape the way we read photojournalistic images.
Roland currently teaches Camera Craft & Digital Photographic Practice at Photography Studies College (PSC) in Melbourne. Roland continues to freelance for a variety of clients, producing a range of architectural, event and lifestyle work.
Currently, Roland is also rededicating himself to his artistic pursuit; working on a range of projects exploring abstraction and experimental photographic methods.
- November 2016: 2016 CCP SalonCurated by the CCP at the CCP, Fitzroy VIC
- March 2016: SHOOT V2Curated by The Melbourne Arts Club at the Melbourne Arts Club, Preston VIC
- November 2015: 2015 CCP SalonCurated by the CCP at the CCP, Fitzroy VIC
- November 2015: IPF Photo Prize 2015Curated by the IPF at The Good Copy, Fitzroy VIC
- February 2014: The South West ShowcaseCurated by ABC Open at the Bunbury Regional Art Gallery, Bunbury WA
- November 2013: The South West ShowcaseCurated by ABC Open at the Nannup Garage Gallery, Nannup WA
- August 2013: The South West ShowcaseCurated by ABC Open at the Bridgetown Pottery Tearooms, Bridgetown WA
- August 2013: CLICKCurated and exhibited at the Brunswick Street Gallery, Fitzroy VIC
- June 2013: The Best of the South WestCurated by ABC Open at The Foyer Gallery, Margaret River WA
- May 2013: Moving Visions, Moving VisionsCurated by Fort Heart at Loop Project Space, Melbourne VIC
- July 2010: 2010 CCP Kodak SalonCurated by The CCP at The CCP, Fitzroy VIC
- August 2008: Project 8Curated by The School of Communication and Creative Arts at The Deakin University Gallery, Burwood VIC
- Big Ink Online Magazine Issue 3